When it comes to your beauty routine, sleep may be the closest thing there is to a fountain of youth. Our body repairs itself and recovers while we snooze, and that leads to a long list of benefits for your looks. The key is to get enough shut eye, 8 to 9 quality hours each night.
Not getting enough sleep can result in:
- More hanging eyelids
- Redder eyes
- More swollen eyes
- Dark circles under the eyes.
- Paler skin
- More wrinkles, fine lines
- More droopy corners of the mouth.
Benefits of getting enough sleep:
- More youthful with less wrinkles and fine lines
- Healthier, happier appearance
- Brighter skin and eyes
- Over all feel better and more alert
- Skin absorbs products better
A few proven natural sleep promoting supplements:
- Valerian root
Try to set up a good night time routine for yourself to ensure you get enough rest. Reading, herbal tea, relaxing baths, meditation and switching off your phone are all great things to do before sleeping.*Seek professional guidance on using these supplements first*