The Benefits of RF
- Tissue retraction – The heat causes temporary local contraction of the collagen fibers, which immediately tightens the skin to reveal a lifted, tighter and more youthful appearance.
- New collagen formation – Heating the dermis stimulates production of new collagen and elastin. Results will be visible in 60-90 days. On average, most clients require a course of treatment to achieve best possible results.
- Improved Circulation – RF also improves the blood and lymphatic flow. This helps induce a better oxygen supply and greater toxin clearance to further reduce the signs and effects of ageing.
Pre Treatment Care
- A mild exfoliation scrub prior to RF will prepare your skin to get maximum results. We will advise you of exfoliation options that are appropriate for your skin type.
- To achieve optimal and long-lasting results, it is highly recommended you follow our advice for home skin care, before, between and after treatment.
What to Expect
- Most clients experience mild heat and redness following treatment (similar to sunburn), which usually resolves quickly. You may wear a mineral based foundation to conceal any redness.
- Swelling rarely occurs and usually diminishes within 24-48 hours.
- Most people find that they can return to work and resume normal activities immediately after treatment.
- RF heats the skin to cause retraction of the collagen fibers, so it is important not to cool it immediately afterwards as the inflammation encourages results. If you have any concerns, or feel your skin may be heating excessively, please contact us.
Post Treatment Care
- Any deep exfoliation treatment - such as chemical peels or skin needling, should be avoided a week prior to and a week following your treatment.
- Exercise, swimming, spas and anything that involves increasing your body temperature, should be avoided for 24-48 hours.
- A broad spectrum SPF should be applied immediately following your treatment and reapplied as necessary. No matter the weather.
How does Radio Frequency work?
By delivering a controlled level of heat for a sustained period of time in the deeper layers of skin the collagen fibres contract and reproduce which causes the skin tightening effect and improves skin laxity. The circulation in the area is increased and excess fluid is drained from the adipose tissue (fat), which improves the appearance of cellulite and sagging skin.
Is Radio Frequency treatment painful?
No. The patented technology means that the treatment head can be moved easily over the treatment area, delivering the energy without any pain or side effects. The skin will look slightly red following the procedure and there is a feeling or warmth – both resolve with 1-2 hours.
How many treatments are needed to see results?
The best results are achieved following a course of treatment. We recommend between 4-6 sessions when treating the face and 6-10 sessions when treating the body. Treatments are spaced 24-48 hours apart. Once the results have been achieved single maintenance sessions will be required every 4-6 weeks for optimal results.
Is Radio Frequency like a Laser?
No, the technology is entirely different and therefore there are not the same limitations to when the treatment can be performed. This means that even if you are tanned you can have the treatment and there are very few reasons why patients would be excluded from treatment due to medications or illness. This makes it an ideal treatment option for those wanting to find minimally invasive options for skin rejuvenation.
How long will the Radio Frequency treatment take?
Treatments on the face will take around 15-30 minutes and 30-60 minutes on the body.
A course of treatment is recommended. 6 treatments over 4 weeks. Results can last for 10-12 months, and maintenance treatments are recommended afterwards.
We use Radio Frequency technology to:
- Tighten and tone lose skin
- Define sagging contours along the jawline, cheeks, and eyes.
- Smooth lines and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of poor skin texture
- Improve Scarring
- Help Acne / Redness / rosacea
- Improve hyper pigmentation / age spots
- Improve dark circles around the eye area
There is no downtime with this treatment. The skin looks pink and glowing afterwards and you feel like you’ve had a lovely massage.
Side effects of the Nannic Radio Frequency
Radio Frequency lifting has no side effects. The treatment has the nickname “lunchtime lift” because after each session the patient can follow a normal daily routine, unlike the effects associated with anesthesia. It can be done any time of the year.